Rapid Phonics Step 1: The Zip Zap Kid and the Picnic (Fiction) by Alison Hawes
- Ideal for home learning
- Suitable for children age 6 and above who need extra phonics practice
- Part of the Rapid Phonics intervention series by Pearson
- Rapid Phonics Step 1.2 (sounds covered: CVC/CVC)
- Design supports readers with dyslexia
- Proven to help children who are behind in their reading to catch up fast.
Rapid Phonics is a phonics catch-up intervention scheme that has been proven to help children who have not yet mastered phonics to catch up fast. Each carefully-levelled, fully decodable reading book has a dyslexia-friendly design and supports all struggling learners, including those with SEND, to develop their phonics knowledge and reading skills.
- Step 1 focuses on alphabet sounds (e.g. s, a, t, p, i, n)
- Step 2 focuses on common digraphs (e.g. ar, oo, ow)
- Step 3 focuses on alternative spelling patterns (e.g. 'ee' can be spelled ea, ie, ey, y).