"[Zeiser] really knows her stuff, plainly explaining the why of marketing, as much as the who, what, where, when and how. The author offers practical instruction, quotes from experts, personal anecdotes, high-profile case studies and a veritable Rosetta Stone of industry terms. She includes chapters on theoretical subjects such as the psychology of audiences and identifying brand archetypes, as well as credible sections on fundamentals like market research, timetables, messages, audience engagement and spokespeople. Zeiser also covers emerging topics like interactive content, social responsibility messaging and gamification. ... This American Film Market-endorsed book is a dense, comprehensive roadmap to launching a cross-platform film or TV promotional campaign."
- Christina Clarke, POV Magazine: Issue 103, Fall 2016
"Transmedia Marketing pioneers the powerful idea that successful entertainment projects must blend storytelling and marketing across multiple platforms. Creatives, business execs, and marketers alike will devour this book's clear guidance and real-world examples of how to shape a project so audiences will love it, participate in it, and share it."
- Linda Reisman, Producer, Jeepers Creepers, Affliction, The Danish Girl
"Transmedia Marketing is an in-depth, authoritative, and extremely timely survey of multi-platform marketing in the age of pervasive communications. Anne Zeiser has a unique understanding of the vital role that narrative plays in connecting a mass audience with your content or brand, and her advice for how to close that circuit is some of the best I've seen. There is more than a little bit of secret sauce contained in this book."
- Jeff Gomez, CEO, Starlight Runner Entertainment; Transmedia Producer, Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, Transformers, The Amazing Spider-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Halo, Hot Wheels
"Anne Zeiser has earned the industry's respect by taking a strategic approach to everything she does, and this book is no exception. It takes full advantage of Anne's deep experience and expertise in 21st century transmedia marketing."
- Lesli Rotenberg, Senior Vice President, PBS Marketing & Communications
"[One of] the best books for those interested in storytelling, play and design."
- Lance Weiler, Storytelling Pioneer, "40 Must Read Books on Story, Play, and Design", Culture Hacker
"The Transmedia Revolution has changed not only the way screenwriters sell their product, but even how they create it. Anne Zeiser's new book is an absolutely essential guide for writers as they navigate their work through all these new and sometimes tricky media platforms to success."
- Manny Basanese, Writer/Producer, The Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Brothers, Wizards of Waverly Place; Assistant Professor, Emerson College
"Filmmakers may know their craft but can become deer in headlamps when they hear buzzwords like "multi-platform" and "transmedia" marketing. What is it, why do I need it, when do I need it, and how do I do it? In this highly accessible book, they will find their answers, laid out in common sense language that is sure to allay a lot of fears - and foster some excellent new media!"
- Kathryn Dietz, Producer, China: A Century of Revolution (PBS Special), Eleanor Roosevelt (American Experience), Young & Restless in China (Frontline); Executive Director, Filmmakers Collaborative
"Transmedia Marketing is an invaluable guide on how to really connect with audiences using a combination of marketing and storytelling in the transmedia age. Anne Zeiser's experience of both parts of this equation means this is a very helpful primer for both producers and marketers."
- John Willis, Chief Executive, Mentorn Media and Creative Director, Tinopolis Group
"What does it really take to develop, produce and promote a major media project in today's ever changing and increasingly diffuse marketplace? Not just what tools and platforms to consider, but how to design an approach that will deliver the flexibility, creativity and buzz that can set your project on a pathway to impact. Transmedia Marketing provides a firm understanding of cross-platform media design where each media component's strength is complimentary and the focus is on the endgame: maximum impact."
- Larry Klein, Emmy and Peabody-award winning Producer, Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge, Why the Towers Fell, Building Big with David Macaulay
"Transmedia Marketing, spawned from Anne's Transmedia class at Emerson College, is the first of its kind. As a student in her class, I discovered the potential of storytelling across multiple platforms. Her enthusiasm and passion for the industry carries over from the classroom to the pages of her book as she guides you from developing a project's various storylines through marketing and branding each platform. Listen to Anne, she's the best resource for your next transmedia endeavour!"
- Heather Hoglund, Producer, The Strong People