Deploy and support Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies in your organization-and deliver highly scalable collaboration solutions-with expertise from the Microsoft SharePoint teams. This official RESOURCE KIT packs more than 1000 pages of in-depth technical information, including drill-down into Windows SharePoint Services 2003 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 technologies, specifications, architecture, and security services. Get critical details and guidance for planning, administration, and solution development-along with tools, scripts, and an eBook on CD. You get all the resources you need to help maximize your organization's productivity and help reduce ownership and support costs.
Get in-depth guidance-straight from the Microsoft SharePoint teams-on how to:
- Plan your deployment-from a single server to a large server farm
- Step through installation instructions for various scenarios, including how to uninstall and repair an installation
- Develop your information management structure
- Perform capacity planning; plan and test your topology
- Plan and implement defense-in-depth, from security policies to firewalls and authentication services
- Monitor server farm performance to create a scale-out strategy
- Facilitate business-to-business collaboration through an extranet
- Set up and configure shared services; manage internal and third-party content
- Customize sites with Web Parts, the object model, and Microsoft Visual Studio-code samples included
- Use SharePoint Products and Technologies with the Microsoft Office System
On the CD, get tools to migrate servers, manage security features, troubleshoot problems, and more, including:
- SharePoint Configuration Analyzer
- Simple Web Parts in Microsoft Visual Basic and C#
- Usage Reports
- Web Part Toolkit
- Fully searchable eBook of this complete RESOURCE KIT
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Bill English, MCTS, MVP, MCT, is an author and educator specializing in SharePoint technologies. He runs a leading training and consulting company, has written more than 10 books, and speaks at the Microsoft Office SharePoint Conference, Comdex, and other events.
Introduction Sharepoint products Planning & deployment Deployment scenarios Administration of Windows Sharepoint services Administration of Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 Information managementSecuring Sharepoint products Maintaining a server Office 2003 integration Upgrading & migrating to SharePoint products & technologies CD contains resourse kit tools