For a woman who has experienced a miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of an infant, conceiving another child can be fraught with mixed emotions. This guide, filled with up-to-date medical information and written by a woman who herself experienced a successful pregnancy after the loss of her first baby, can help women cope with their anxiety. It offers guidance for women asking such questions as:
- Why did it happen--and how can I make sure it doesn't happen again?
- Will my next pregnancy be considered high-risk?
- How long should I wait before getting pregnant again?
- What can I expect at prenatal exams?
- Will I ever be able to love another baby as much as I love the one I lost?
Pregnancy after a loss can be a time of great emotional upheaval--but also, a time of healing and hope. With this sensible, sensitive guide, women can put their minds at ease--and learn to look forward to the future as they make peace with the past.