JOIN OVER HALF A MILLION STUDENTS WHO CHOSE TO REVISE WITH LAW EXPRESS
Revise with the help of the UK's bestselling law revision series.
* Review essential cases, statutes, and legal terms before exams.
* Assess and approach the subject by using expert advice.
* Gain higher marks with tips for advanced thinking and further discussions.
* Avoid common pitfalls with Don't be tempted to.
* Practice answering sample questions and discover additional resources on the Companion website.
Chris Taylor is a Senior Lecturer in Law at Bradford University Law School.
Guided tour xi
Table of cases and statutes xiii
Chapter 1 The constitution of the UK 1
Chapter 2 Where does the constitution come from? 13
Chapter 3 Basic principles of the constitution 33
Chapter 4 Institutions of state 1 55
Chapter 5 Institutions of state 2 73
Chapter 6 Civil liberties and human rights 89
Chapter 7 Freedom of expression and assembly 109
Chapter 8 Police powers 129
Chapter 9 Judicial review 149
Chapter 10 Tribunals, inquiries and ombudsmen 171
Chapter 11 Brexit 183
And finally, before the exam ... 193
Glossary of terms 209