The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this tranquil and picturesque region.
Visit the magnificent Chateau de Chambord, take a wine and cheese tour around Sancerre, enjoy the lively atmosphere of medieval Tours or be amazed at the giant mechanical creatures at Les Machines de l'Ile in Nantes: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Loire Valley with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Loire Valley:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Loire Valley, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations detail famous sights such as the impressive Cathedrale de Notre-Dame in Chartres, the extraordinary Abbaye de Fontevraud in Anjou, the beautiful Chateau de Chenonceau and more
- Colour photographs of the region's bustling cities, picturesque towns and pretty rural villages, elegant chateaux and their landscaped gardens, lush vineyards and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Anjou; Touraine; Blesois and Orleanais; Berry; North of the Loire; Loire-Atlantique and the Vendee; and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: beautiful chateaux, historic churches and abbeys, famous writers and artists, winemaking and vineyards, pleasant river, traditional festivals including unique son et lumiere, local cuisine and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information.
Experience the world with DK Eyewitness.
DK Eyewitness' highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.