The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this historic city and its beautiful surroundings.
Explore the spectacular Duomo in Milan, island-hop around Lake Maggiore or laze on the lakeside promenade of Como: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Milan and the Lakes with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Milan and the Lakes:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Milan and the Lakes, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Milan's impressive Duomo, the Teatro alla Scala, the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, Castello Sforzesco, San Lorenzo alle Colonne, Sant'Ambrogio and more
- Colour photographs of Milan's historic centre, mix of classic and modern architecture, parks and gardens, plus the beautiful towns and stunning scenery of the lakes
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Milan, Lake Maggiore, Lake Como, Lake Garda and a collection of smaller lakes
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Milan's fascinating history, famous residents and visitors, churches and basilicas, museums and galleries, and festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Milan and the Lakes is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Milan and the Lakes.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Milan and the Lakes guide
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Experience the world with DK Eyewitness.
DK Eyewitness' highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.