AS Section: Narrative and explanation
Introduction: People and power
- Why did the Liberal Party win the general election of 1906?
- The needs of the people: welfare and social erforms, 1906 14
- Constitutional conflict: struggles with the Lords
- New Thinking
- Struggles for the suffrage
- Industrial unrest
- The challenge of the home front 1914 18: the state and the politicians
- The challenge of the home front 1914 18: the state and the people
- The Irish question: Home Rule or partition?
- The fall of Lloyd George, 1918 22
- The General Strike of 1926: revolution or muddle?
- The rise of the Labour Party, 1900 24
- From Labour to a National Government
A2 Section: Analysis and interpretation
- To what extent was the First World War responsible for the longer-term Liberal decline?
- Revival and decline: the Liberal Party 1918 29
- The Liberal Party as third party. An historiographical approach
A2 Assessment: the decline of the Liberal Party, c. 1900 29