Fodor's Amsterdam: with the Best of the Netherlands by Fodor's Travel Guides
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to cruise the canals, tour the Van Gogh Museum, or bike along Amsterdam's scenic streets, the local Fodor's travel experts in Amsterdam are here to help! Fodor's Amsterdam guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Amsterdam travel guide includes:AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently.
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, museums, activities, side-trips, and more.
- PHOTO-FILLED BEST OF FEATURES on What to Eat and Drink, Best Museums, Ultimate Experiences, Bicycling in Amsterdam, and more.
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more.
- SPECIAL FEATURES on Ultimate Experiences, What to Watch and Read Before You Visit, and Where to See Tulips.
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Kinderdijk, the Tulip Fields, Haarlem, and Delft.
Planning on visiting nearby European cities? Check out Fodor's Paris, Fodor's London, and Fodor's Rome.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!