Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia: with the Best Road Trips by Fodor's Travel Guides
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia includes:
- AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on The Great Smoky Mountains and Civil War History.
- ROAD TRIP itineraries and tips on taking a road trip to see the best of the Carolinas & Georgia.
- INSPIRATIONAL "BEST OF" LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 25 DETAILED MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
- TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS include: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; and a calendar of festivals and events.
- LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best walking tours.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- SPECIAL FEATURES on off-the-beaten-trail serene nature spots, from trails through the Blue Ridge Mountains, to the Twin Falls waterfall outside of Greenville, South Carolina, plus a look at Gullah culture in the Lowcountry.
- COVERS: Savannah, Atlanta, Tybee, and St. Simons in Georgia; Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Greenville, and Hilton Head in South Carolina; Asheville, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham, the Outer Banks Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and Charlotte in North Carolina; and more.
Planning on visiting Savannah or Charleston? Check out Fodor's In Focus Savannah and Fodor's In Focus Charleston.