The essays...are a stimulating and welcome addition to this burgeoning body of critical thought.
-Canadian Woman Studies
Greta Gaard is Assistant Professor of Composition and Women's Studies at the University of Minnesota, Duluth.
1. Living Interconnections with Animals and Nature - Greta Gaard
2. Ecofeminism: Linking Theory and Practice - Janis Birkeland
3. Dismantling Oppression: An Analysis of the Connection Between Women and Animals - Lori Gruen
4. Roots: Rejoining Natural and Social History - Stephanie Lahar
5. Ecofeminism and the Politics of Reality - Linda Vance
6. Questioning Sour Grapes: Ecofeminism and the United Farm Workers Grape Boycott - Ellen O'Loughlin
7. Animal Rights and Feminist Theory - Josephine Donovan
8. The Feminist Traffic in Animals - Carol J. Adams
9. For the Lover of Nature: Ecology and the Culture of the Romantic - Chaia Heller
10. From Heroic to Holistic Ethics: The Ecofeminist Challenge - Marti Kheel
11. A Cross-Cultural Critique of Ecofeminism - Huey-li Li
12. Ecofeminism and Native American Cultures - Pushing the Limits of Cultural Imperialism? - Greta Gaard
About the Contributors