True Life Survival: Band 12/Copper (Collins Big Cat) by Janice Vale
An account of three true life stories of survival, where people have to act quickly against unexpected disasters. Maps and pictures engage us in the drama of a sailor lost at sea, a man ejecting from his plane and a school girl facing a tsunami. Survival tips are given in the unlikely event of the similar situations happening to us.
* Copper/ Band 12 books provide more complex plots and longer chapters that develop reading stamina.
* Text type - Non fiction recount.
* A card index chart on pages 30-31 summarises facts and could act as a model for finding out more true life survival stories.
* Curriculum Links - Citizenship: Developing a healthy, safer lifestyle, to recognising the different risks in different situations and then deciding how to behave responsibly.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.