From The One Minute Manager (R) to Raving Fans, Ken Blanchard's books have helped millions of people hone their own leadership skills and develop the potential of those around them, transforming their businesses in the process.
In Leading at a Higher Level, Blanchard has brought together everything he has learned about world-class leadership. Readers can benefit from the advice that has helped thousands of organisations become more people-oriented, customer-centred, and performance-driven.
Updated throughout, this new edition contains two powerful, important new chapters and also offers the definitive, most up-to-date techniques for leading yourself, individuals, teams, and entire organisations. Most importantly, this book will help readers dig deep within, discover the personal "leadership point of view" all great leaders possess-and apply it throughout their entire life.
Dr. Ken Blanchard has had an incomparable impact on the day-to-day management of millions of people and companies. His phenomenal bestseller The One Minute Manager, has sold 13 million copies. He is Founder and Head of The Ken Blanchard Companies, an international management training and consulting firm he co-founded in 1979.
Table of contents
Section I. Set your sights on the right target and vision
1. Is your organization high performing?
2. The power of vision
Section II. Treat your customers right
3. Serving customers at a higher level
Section III. Treat your people right
4. Creating a higher level culture
5. Empowerment is the key
6. Situational leadership (R) II: the integrating concept
7. Self leadership: the power behind empowerment
8. Partnering for performance
9. Essential skills for partnering for performance: the one minute manager
10. Coaching for higher leadership
11. Situational team leadership
12. Organizational leadership
13. Strategies for managing a change
Section IV. Have the right kind of leadership
14. Servant leadership
15. Determining your leadership point of view