Classroom Gems: Games, Ideas and Activities for Early Years Phonics by Lynn Cousins
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the Classroom Gems series draws together an extensive selection of practical, tried-and-tested, off-the-shelf ideas, games and activities, guaranteed to transform any lesson or classroom in an instant.
Easily navigable, allowing you to choose the right activity quickly and easily, these invaluable resources are guaranteed to save you time and are a must-have tool to plan, prepare and deliver first-rate lessons.
Games, Ideas and Activities for Early Years Phonics will provide early years practitioners with a wealth of resources to help them successfully develop children's awareness of phonics in line with the Letters and Sounds programme. All the activities are set within the framework of the EYFS curriculum and based on the principle of play.
This guide will ensure you are equipped with a bank of ideas and tips that you can rely on.
* Over 250 activities aimed at developing awareness of phonics through play and stories
* Linked to Letters and Sounds programme
* Easily adapted to suit different topics and scenarios
* Need few additional resources or organisation easy to fit into a busy timetable
* Outlines any materials/props needed
* Based within familiar early years themes and activities
Instant ideas to brighten up your classroom!
Gill Coulson and Lynn Cousins are experienced early years teachers. Gill gained an MPhil degree researching the teaching of reading. She is currently teaching focused writing in local schools. Lynn has an MA(Ed) in early years education. She was a head and has written and edited educational publications.