Marks' Essentials of Medical Biochemistry: A Clinical Approach by Michael A. Lieberman, PhD
Marks' Essentials of Medical Biochemistry takes a patient-oriented approach that links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine. Based on the established text, Marks' Basic Medical Biochemistry, Marks' Essentials is streamlined to focus only on the most essential biochemical concepts, while maintaining intuitively organized chapters centered on hypothetical patient vignettes and helpful icons for smooth navigation.
- Full-color illustrations of chemical structures and biochemical pathways elucidate core concepts and enhance understanding of the text
- Hypothetical patient vignettes ensure clinical relevance and help connect biochemistry to human health and disease
- Helpful icons guide you through each chapter and identify key concepts such as signs and symptoms, clinical pearls, treatment options and outcomes, and more
- Chapter Outlines and Key Points allow readers to preview and review chapter content
- End-of-Chapter Review Questions and Summary Disease Tables highlight the take-home messages and reinforce knowledge