A Quick Guide to Meeting the Teachers' Standards Part 1 by Mike Lansdown
This is a quick and handy guide to evidencing and meeting Part 1 of the Teachers' Standards for trainee teachers. It looks at every strand of Part 1 of the Standards, encourages critical reflection throughout and puts pupil learning and progress at the heart of things while detailing how you can best evidence this. It includes:
- a general introduction to the Standards and how to meet them;
- a clear explanation of each strand of the Standards in easy to follow English;
- guidance on the best evidence to select and how to present it;
- advice on some common pitfalls;
- space to record your evidence as you go along;
- a ten-point checklist summarising all the key points in the guide.
All trainee teachers have to meet the Teachers' Standards in order to gain qualified teacher status, yet many are unsure what this entails. A quick guide to Meeting the Teachers' Standards: Part 1 is very helpful in this respect. Using key words from the Standards, this book helps trainees to understand exactly what they need to do and the evidence that will demonstrate this. The guide is clear, concise and contains useful pointers on things to do and to avoid. It is a most useful resource for anyone embarking on teacher training.
Neil Brading, Outset Teachers' Standards Ltd