Exam Board: Edexcel
Subject: Geography (Specification A)
First teaching: September 2016
First exams: Summer 2018
Series Editor: John Hopkin
This Student Book:
- covers the essential content in the new specification with up-to-date diagrams, facts, maps and case studies of geographical events, processes and issues at work to bring the subject to life.
- uses the 'Thinking Geographically' approach devised by experts and targeted activities to help develop key geographical, mathematical and statistical skills in context.
- has 'Writing Geographically' features that focus on the writing skills most important to success in geography. This literacy support uses the proven Grammar for Writing approach used in many English departments.
- includes modelled fieldwork investigations and activities to support the development of enquiry skills for fieldwork studies in the specification.
- gives plenty of opportunities to track progress. Alongside activities throughout each topic, there are knowledge checklists, learning checkpoints, extension materials and end-of-unit tests to consolidate learning and deepen understanding.
- includes lots of fieldwork and exam guidance, with practice questions, sources, sample answers and tips from our experts to support preparation for GCSE assessments.
*These resources have not yet been endorsed. This information is correct as of 31st July 2015, but may be subject to change. You do not have to purchase any resources to deliver our qualification.