Exam Board: AQA, Edexcel, CCEA, OCR, WJEC Eduqas
First teaching: September 2015
First exams: Summer 2017
Master the skills you need to set yourself apart and hit the highest grades; this year-round course companion develops the higher-order thinking skills that top-achieving students possess, providing step-by-step guidance, examples and tips for getting an A grade.
Written by experienced author and teacher Sarah Longshaw, Aiming for an A in A-level Chemistry:
- Helps you develop the 'A grade skills' of analysis, evaluation, creation and application
- Takes you step by step through specific skills you need to master in A-level Chemistry, including scientific reading, quantitative and practical skills, so you can apply these skills and approach each exam question as an A/A* candidate
- Clearly shows how to move up the grades with sample responses annotated to highlight the key features of A/A* answers
- Helps you practise to achieve the levels expected of top-performing students, using in-class or homework activities and further reading tasks that stretch towards university-level study
- Perfects exam technique through practical tips and examples of common pitfalls to avoid
- Cultivates effective revision habits for success, with tips and strategies for producing and using revision resources
- Supports all exam boards, outlining the Assessment Objectives for reaching the higher levels under the AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC/Eduqas and CCEA specifications.