Learn AWS Serverless Computing: A beginner's guide to using AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and services from Amazon Web Services by Scott Patterson
Build, deploy, test, and run cloud-native serverless applications using AWS Lambda and other popular AWS servicesKey Features
- Learn how to write, run, and deploy serverless applications in Amazon Web Services
- Make the most of AWS Lambda functions to build scalable and cost-efficient systems
- Build and deploy serverless applications with Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda functions
Serverless computing is a way to run your code without having to provision or manage servers. Amazon Web Services provides serverless services that you can use to build and deploy cloud-native applications. Starting with the basics of AWS Lambda, this book takes you through combining Lambda with other services from AWS, such as Amazon API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Step Functions.
You'll learn how to write, run, and test Lambda functions using examples in Node.js, Java, Python, and C# before you move on to developing and deploying serverless APIs efficiently using the Serverless Framework. In the concluding chapters, you'll discover tips and best practices for leveraging Serverless Framework to increase your development productivity.
By the end of this book, you'll have become well-versed in building, securing, and running serverless applications using Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda without having to manage any servers.What you will learn
- Understand the core concepts of serverless computing in AWS
- Create your own AWS Lambda functions and build serverless APIs using Amazon API Gateway
- Explore best practices for developing serverless applications at scale using Serverless Framework
- Discover the DevOps patterns in a modern CI/CD pipeline with AWS CodePipeline
- Build serverless data processing jobs to extract, transform, and load data
- Enforce resource tagging policies with continuous compliance and AWS Config
- Create chatbots with natural language understanding to perform automated tasks
This AWS book is for cloud architects and developers who want to build and deploy serverless applications using AWS Lambda. A basic understanding of AWS is required to get the most out of this book.