The Insider's Guide to Culture Change: Creating a Workplace That Delivers, Grows, and Adapts by Siobhan McHale
The secret to the success or failure of any business boils down to its culture.
From disengaged employees to underserved customers, business failures invariably stem from a culture problem. In The Insider's Guide to Culture Change, acclaimed culture transformation expert and global executive Siobhan McHale shares her proven four-step process to demystifying culture transformation and starting down the path to positive change.
Many leaders and managers struggle to get a handle on exactly what culture is and how pervasive its impact is throughout an organization. Some try to change the culture by publishing a statement of core values but soon find that, aside from some short-term lip service, no meaningful change happens. Others try to unify the culture around a set of shared goals that satisfy shareholders but find their efforts backfire as stressed employees throw their hands up because leadership just doesn't get it. Others implement expensive new IT systems to try to bring about change, only to find that employees find workarounds and soon go back to their old ways.
Culture transformation expert Siobhan McHale defines culture simply: It's how things work around here.
The Insider's Guide to Culture Change walks readers through McHale's four-step process to culture transformation, including how to
- Understand what corporate culture really is and how it impacts every aspect of the way your organization operates
- Analyze where your culture is broken or not adding maximum value
- Unlock the power of reframing roles within your company, to empower and engage your employees
- Utilize proven methods and tools to break through deeply embedded patterns and change your company mind-set
- Keep the momentum going by consolidating gains and maintaining your foot on the change accelerator
With The Insider's Guide to Culture Change, watch your employees go from followers to change leaders who drive an agile culture that constantly outperforms.