Experiencing God's Love
is a short study guide that aims to deepen our understanding and first-hand experience of living a life of faith. It explores five biblical images of the ways in which our lives are changed by walking with Christ:
- Being securely rooted in prayer and scriptures
- Cleansed through baptism, confession and forgiveness
- Enlightened through worship, mission and growth in holiness
- Tended through care for one another and the world
- Welcomed in the Eucharist and in the fellowship of the Church
Each chapter explores one of these images in the Psalms and the Gospels, and in popular culture, supported by YouTube clips and free online audio introductions to each session.
Opening and closing worship, discussion starters, questions, and a leader's guide are all included making this ideal for Lent groups or as a Christian discipleship course at any time of year.
STEVEN CROFT has written extensively on ministry, evangelism and discipleship and was one of the authors of Emmaus: the way of faith. Formerly Archbishops' Missioner and Fresh Expressions Team Leader, he is now Bishop of Sheffield. In this role he aims to engage with those on the edge of or outside the churches.