Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach, 9/E by Terry Schwinghammer
The perfect study companion to DiPiro's Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic ApproachMore than 40 all-new cases!
Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach delivers 157 patient cases designed to teach you how to apply the principles of pharmacotherapy to real-world clinical practice. The case chapters in this book are organized into organ system sections that correspond to those of the DiPiro textbook. By reading the relevant chapters in Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach you will be able to familiarize yourself with the pathophysiology and pharmacology of each disease state included in this casebook.
Each case teaches you how to:
- Identify real or potential drug therapy problems
- Determine the desired therapeutic outcome
- Evaluate therapeutic alternatives
- Design an optimal individualized pharmacotherapeutic plan
- Develop methods to evaluate the therapeutic outcome
- Provide patient education
- Communicate and implement the pharmacotherapeutic plan
Everything you need to develop expertise in pharmacotherapy decision making:
- Realistic patient presentations include medical history, physical examination, and laboratory data, followed by a series of questions using a systematic, problem-solving approach
- Compelling range of cases - from the uncomplicated (a single disease state) to the complex (multiple disease states and drug-related problems)
- Diverse authorship from more than 190 clinicians from nearly 100 institutions Coverage that integrates the biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences with therapeutics
- Appendices containing valuable information on pharmacy abbreviations, laboratory tests, mathematical conversion factors, anthropometrics, and complementary and alternative therapies