Mechanics by Vidwan Singh Soni
The book, Mechanics, now in its fourth edition, is an extended version of previous edition titled as Mechanics and Relativity. It has been mainly written according to the new syllabus of Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). It is primarily meant to serve the requirements of the first-year of the core as well as the general elective courses of the B.Sc. (Hons.) students of Physics.
The book contains numerous illustrations and many solved examples that help the student in understanding the concepts clearly. A large number of chapter-end questions and numerical varieties will help to test the students' grasping of the subjects covered. New to the fourth edition
- Chapters on 'Fundamentals of Dynamics', 'Rotational Dynamics', 'Elasticity', 'Fluid
- Motion', 'Gravitation and Central Force Motion', and 'Oscillations' have been introduced.
- Chapters on 'Collisions' and 'Non-inertial Systems' have been modified from the previous edition to meet the requirements of the new syllabus.
- Chapter on 'Special Theory of Relativity' and a new concept of 'Michelson-Morley Experiment' along with its mathematical proof has been covered.
- The topics of general elective syllabus which include 'Vectors', 'Ordinary Differential Equations' and 'Laws of Motion' have also been added.