Andreas Zeller is a full professor at the University of Saarbrucken, Germany. His research topics include testing and debugging, program analysis and configuration management. He is widely known for GNU DDD, a Unix/Linux debugger GUI that visualizes complex data and which is used by more than 250,000 users.
Jens Krinke is a research assistant at the University of Passau, Germany. He is an expert in software reengineering and program analysis. His research topic is the analysis of critical software.
I: VERSION CONTROL.
2. Managing changes using DIFF and PATCH.
3. Revision management using RCS.
4. Parallel Program development with CVS.
II: PROCESSING INPUT.
5. Lexical analysis using LEX.
6. Syntactical analysis with YACC.
7. Lexical and syntactic analysis using ANTLR.
III: BUILDING PROGRAMS.
8. Building programs with MAKE.
9. Configuring software automatically with AUTOCONF.
10. Documenting programs with JAVADOC.
11. Creating prototypes using Tcl/Tk.
V: TESTING AND DEBUGGING.
12. Software tests with DEJAGNU.
13. Component tests with JUNIT.
14. Tracking Problems with BUGZILLA.
15. Debugging with GDB and DDD.
VI: PROGRAM ANALYSIS.
16. Profiling using GPROF and GCOV.
17. Checking Style with CHECKSTYLE.
18. Static program analysis with LINT.
19. Program slicing using UNRAVEL.
VII: INTEGRATED INVIRONMENT.
20. Integrated development with ECLIPSE 3.0.