You've captured great images with your DSLR, now what? Jerry Courvoisier provides an easy-to-follow road map for importing, organizing, and editing your images using the best features of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 and Adobe Photoshop CS3. The combined power of using both programs-automation with Lightroom and specialized processing in Photoshop-offers a complete and flexible solution for serious hobbyists and pro photographers alike. In this accessible and beautifully illustrated guide, learn about:
- The essential DSLR gear, with suggested computer and laptop configurations, digital darkroom and color management setups, and best capture formats for your style of shooting.
- General preferences and display options to customize and enhance your workflow.
- The Lightroom 2 modules to effectively organize, process, and catalog your images.
- Integration with Photoshop CS3, including making panoramas and high dynamic range (HDR) images.
- Advanced Photoshop CS3 techniques to create stunning results: converting images to black and white, painting with light, selective focus, diffusion effects, layer masking, and special blending modes.
Loaded with tips and techniques from a seasoned photographer, including a pre-shoot checklist for camera settings, Courvoisier delivers a digital workflow system that allows you to spend less time at your computer and more time behind the camera capturing great images.
"Jerry Courvoisier is, plain and simple, one of the best teachers of digital workflow and image management working today. He demystifies the digital world for both the beginner and the advanced user. For anyone shooting digital pictures, this book simply has to be on your shelf."
-Joe McNally, photographer and author of The Moment It Clicks
As Digital Programs Director at the Santa Fe Workshops for the last eleven years, Jerry has developed one of the most respected educational programs in digital photography today. He frequently teaches imaging application and printmaking workshops and speaks regularly at major photography Trade Shows around the world. In addition to teaching, Jerry works as an imaging workflow consultant and is a beta tester with Adobe Systems for Photoshop and Lightroom application development.