Combines tutorial learning of all topics for the relevant exam with proven learning, retention, and self-assessment pedagogical tools. These chapters incorporate pre- and post-chapter quizzes to determining concept retention, supported further by test-banks on the accompanying CD-ROM that also includes an electronic copy of the book.
CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam Certification Guide (CCSP Self-Study) by John Roland
Official self-study test preparation guide for the Cisco 9E0-121 and 642-511 CSVPN exams
Coverage of the CSVPN topics enables you to identify and fill your knowledge gaps before the exam date. You'll learn about:
Configuring Cisco VPN 3000 concentrators and VPN 3002 Hardware Clients for remote access
Enabling secure VPNs using IPSec technologies
Peer authentication using preshared keys and digital certificates
Using Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT) over VPNs
Administering and monitoring VPN concentrators in remote-access and LAN-to-LAN networks Utilizing IPSec protocols and features
Configuring VPN Client personal firewall support through the VPN concentrator
Integrated unit and interactive user authentication through the Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Client
Becoming a CCSP distinguishes you as part of an exclusive group of experts, ready to take on today's most challenging security tasks. Installation and configuration of Cisco VPN 3000 Series concentrators and Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Clients are critical tasks in today's network environments, especially as reliance on the public Internet as an extension of business networks increases. Whether you are seeking a Cisco VPN Specialist Certification or the full-fledged CCSP Certification, learning what you need to know to pass the CSVPN (Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks) exam qualifies you to keep your company's network safe while meeting its business needs.
CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam Certification Guide is a comprehensive study tool that enables you to master the concepts and technologies required for success on the CSVPN exam. Each chapter of the CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam Certification Guide tests your knowledge of the exam subjects through sections that detail exam topics to master and areas that highlight essential subjects for quick reference and review. Challenging chapter-ending review questions and exercises test your knowledge of the subject matter, reinforce key concepts, and provide you with the opportunity to apply what you've learned in the chapter. In addition, a final chapter of scenarios pulls together concepts from all the chapters to ensure you can apply your knowledge in a real-world environment. The companion CD-ROM testing engine enables you to take practice exams that mimic the real testing environment, focus on particular topic areas, and refer to the electronic text for review.
This book is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that can include simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Companion CD-ROM This companion CD-ROM contains a test bank with more than 200 practice exam questions.
Why buy from World of Books
Our excellent value books literally don't cost the earth
John F. Roland, CCNP(r), CCDP(r), CSS-1, MCSE, is a security specialist working for Ajilon Consulting. John has worked in the IT field for more than 22 years, from COBOL programming on IBM mainframes, LAN/WAN design and implementation on U.S. military networks, and, more recently, to the development of Cisco and Microsoft certification training materials.
Mark J. Newcomb, CCNP, CCDP, is the owner and lead security engineer for Secure Networks in Spokane, Washington. Mark has more than 20 years of experience in the networking industry. The last six years have been devoted to designing security solutions for a wide variety of clients throughout the Pacific Northwest. He is the co-author of Cisco Secure Internet Security Solutions by Cisco Press, as well as two other networking books.
Table of Contents
1. All About the Cisco Certified Security Professional. How This Book Can Help You Pass the CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam. Overview of CCSP Certification and Required Exams. The Cisco Secure VPN Exam. Topics on the Cisco Secure VPN Exam. Recommended Training Path for the CCSP Certification. Using This Book to Pass the Exam. Final Exam Preparation Tips.
2. Overview of VPN and IPSec Technologies. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Cisco VPN Product Line. Enabling VPN Applications Through Cisco Products. An Overview of IPSec Protocols. Establishing VPNs with IPSec. Table of Protocols Used with IPSec. IPSec Preconfiguration Processes. Creating VPNs with IPSec.
3. Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Hardware Overview. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Major Advantages of Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrators. Cisco Secure VPN Concentrators: Comparison and Features. Cisco Secure VPN Client Features. Table of Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrators. Table of Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Capabilities.
4. Configuring Cisco VPN 3000 for Remote Access Using Preshared Keys. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Using VPNs for Remote Access with Preshared Keys. VPN Concentrator Configuration. Installing and Configuring the VPN Client. Types of Preshared Keys. VPN 3000 Concentrator CLI Quick Configuration Steps. VPN 3000 Concentrator Browser-Based Manager Quick Configuration Steps. VPN Client Installation Steps. VPN Client Configuration Steps. VPN Client Program Options. Limits for Number of Groups and Users. Complete Configuration Table of Contents. Complete Administration Table of Contents. Complete Monitoring Table of Contents. Scenario 4-1. Scenario 4-2. Scenario 4-1 Answers. Scenario 4-2 Answers.
5. Configuring Cisco VPN 3000 for Remote Access Using Digital Certificates. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Digital Certificates and Certificate Authorities. Digital Certificate Support Through the VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Manager. Configuring the VPN Client for CA Support. PKCS #10 Certificate Request Fields. X.509 Identity Certificate Fields. Types of Digital Certificates. Types of CA Organization. Certificate Validation and Authentication Process. Internet-Based Certificate Authorities. Certificate Management Applications. Scenario 5-1. Scenario 5-2. Scenario 5-1 Answers. Scenario 5-2 Answers.
6. Configuring the Cisco VPN Client Firewall Feature. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Cisco VPN Client Firewall Feature Overview. Firewall Configuration Overview. Configuring Firewall Filter Rules. Configuring the Stateful Firewall. Configuring the VPN Concentrator for Firewall Usage. Monitoring VPN Client Firewall Statistics. Enabling Automatic Client Update Through the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Manager. Cisco VPN Client Firewall Feature Overview. Stateful Firewall (Always On) Feature. Cisco Integrated Client. Centralized Protection Policy. Are You There Feature. Configuring Firewall Filter Rules. Action. Configuring the Stateful Firewall. Configuring the VPN Concentrator for Firewall Usage. Firewall. Firewall Policy. Monitoring VPN Client Firewall Statistics. Scenario 6-1. Scenario 6-1 Answers.
7. Monitoring and Administering the VPN 3000 Series Concentrator. How Best to Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Administering the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator. Monitoring the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator. Administering the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator. Administer Sessions. Software Update. System Reboot. Ping. Monitoring Refresh. Access Rights. Administrators. Access Control List. Access Settings. AAA Servers. Authentication. File Management. Certificate Manager. Monitoring the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator. System Status. Sessions. Top Ten Lists. Statistics. MIB II Statistics.
8. Configuring Cisco 3002 Hardware Client for Remote Access. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Configure Preshared Keys. Unit and User Authentication for the VPN 3002 Hardware Client. Configure Preshared Keys. Troubleshooting IPSec. Client and LAN Extension Modes. Split Tunnel. Configuring Individual User Authentication on the VPN 3000 Concentrator. Scenario 8-1. Scenario 8-2. Scenario 8-1 Answers. Scenario 8-2 Answers.
9. Configuring Scalability Features of the VPN 3002 Hardware Client. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. VPN 3002 Hardware Client Reverse Route Injection. VPN 3002 Hardware Client Backup Servers. VPN 3002 Hardware Client Load Balancing. Overview of Port Address Translation. IPSec on the VPN 3002 Hardware Client. Configuring Auto-Update for the VPN 3002 Hardware Client. Monitoring Auto-Update Events. Table of RRI Configurations. Backup Servers. Load Balancing. Comparing NAT and PAT. IPSec Over TCP/IP. IPSec Over UDP. Troubleshooting IPSec. Auto-Update. Scenario 9-1. Scenario 9-1 Answers.
10. Cisco VPN 3000 LAN-to-LAN with Preshared Keys. How to Best Use This Chapter. "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz. Overview of LAN-to-LAN VPN. LAN-to-LAN Configuration. SCEP Overview. Maximum Certificates. Enrollment Variables.
Appendix A. Answers to the "Do I Know This Already?" Quizzes and Q&A Sections.
CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam Certification Guide (CCSP Self-Study) by John Roland
Used - Like New
Pearson Education (US)
Book picture is for illustrative purposes only, actual binding, cover or edition may vary.
This is a used book - there is no escaping the fact it has been read by someone else and it will show signs of wear and previous use. Overall we expect it to be in very good condition, but if you are not entirely satisfied please get in touch with us.