Involving and beautifully told . . . There's a reason why Marian Keyes is the queen of commercial women's fiction
* i Newspaper *
Classic Marian Keyes: a blizzard of wit and wisecracks. Mercilessly funny * The Times *There is such a variety of stories and the characters are believable and relatable. She writes funny parts, but then there are those moments that knock you down with sadness
* Libby Page, bestselling author of The Lido, Woman & Home *The Break races along with Keyes' trademark energy, lightness of touch and plenty of laughs
* Sunday Express *The Break is Marian Keyes at her funniest, wisest, glorious bestThe Break makes me laugh out loud
* Sunday Express *Breathlessly entertaining
* Connaught Telegraph *Keyes writes extremely well about modern women. A breezy, candid and deeply felt account of a wife, mother and career woman rediscovering herself
* Metro *Girl-power at its best. I laughed . . . I cried
* Daily Mail *
Another belter. Full of brilliantly fun characters, genuine emotion and heaps of charm. We loved it!
* Heat *A snappy narrator and a raucous cast of characters make The Break another classic from Marian Keyes
* Sunday Express *
Fabulously entertaining. Classic Keyes. The queen of intelligent women's fiction * Sunday Mirror *
A pleasure. Keyes writes women who are absolutely themselves, even when society tries to insist they be something else * Irish Times *
Hilariously wise * Prima *
Marian Keyes's latest novel will have you enraged one moment. Half laughing. Half crying the next. While nodding in recognition * Psychologies *
Marian Keyes writes about modern relationships and families with brutal yet endearing honesty, wonderful humour and astonishing acumen * Ruth Hogan, author of The Keeper of Lost Things *
There is no finer writer than Marian Keyes and The Break
is her at the top of the game; funny, real, with characters that speak to all of us. Only Keyes can combine pathos and humour with such effortless skill, to produce a novel that stays with you long after you've turned the final page * Rowan Coleman, author of The Summer of Impossible Things *
Underline Keyes' status as an international treasure. The ultimate choice for a binge read * Stylist *
A gripping story with great heart, intensity and wisdom * Sunday Business Post *
Hilarious and moving, a zeitgeisty look at how couples splinter or stay together in the face of life's obstacles * Irish Times *
I bloody loved it. Many moments of comic genius, empathy and heartbreak. She really is unparalleled when it comes to making serious points with the lightest of touches. * The Pool *
I absolutely LOVED The Break
- such energy, wit and good humour * Fanny Blake, author and books editor, Woman & Home *
One of the most reliably brilliant novelists writing with humour and insight about women's lives, I think Keyes gets better and better * Alice O'Keeffe, The Bookseller *
Hilariously warm and wonderful * Image *
Amy's husband Hugh has run away to 'find himself'. But will he ever come back?
'Myself and Hugh . . . We're taking a break.'
'A city-with-fancy-food sort of break?'
* from the publisher's description *September's best pulse-quickening pager-turner. Marian Keyes at her most classic and brilliant best
* Red *Fabulously entertaining, classic Keyes . . . a delightful reminder of why best selling Keyes has earned her crown as the queen of intelligent woman's fiction
* The People *The ultimate choice . . . filled with the author's signature themes, think turbulent relationships, tricky families and the need for self-belief. Keyes' [is] an international treasure
* Stylist *Cause for celebration . . . An engrossing novel full of wit and warmth. The humour never once detracts from the emotional depth.
* Red *Cause for jubilation . . . This proves her to be the reigning queen of British chick lit . . . insightful, funny and poignant
* Daily Mail *Praise for Marian Keyes
Gloriously funny * The Sunday Times *
Funny but poignant * Marie Claire *
A total triumph * Daily Mail *
Not only is it a great story with funny, loveable characters, it made me laugh out loud * Stylist *