Computer Architecture offers an overview of a computer's key structural building blocks, introducing these building blocks in terms of computer family architecture whose members maintain compatibility with prior generation hardware as new implementations are introduced.
Computer Architecture offers an overview of a computer's key structural building blocks, introducing these building blocks in terms of computer family architecture whose members maintain compatibility with prior generation hardware as new implementations are introduced. The family architecture approach enables the reader to develop a clear appreciation for how computer systems evolve as the text highlights the critical characteristics that underwent change during the evolution of families.
Why buy from World of Books
Our excellent value books literally don't cost the earth
1. Computer Architecture. Historical Perspectives. A Classification of Computer Architectures. Measuring the Quality of a Computer Architecture. Factors Influencing the Success of a Computer Architecture.
2. Instruction-Set Architecture. Data Representations. Data Precision and Datatypes. Register Sets. Types of Instructions. Addressing Techniques. Instruction-set Design.
3. Buses, the Cpu, and the I/O System. Buses. Central Processing Unit. I/O System.
5. A Computer-Family Architecture: The IBM PC. IBM PC Family and Its Descendants. Basic Microcomputer Configuration. Components of the IBM PC. Software System. Architectural Merit of the PC Architecture.
6. Pipelining and RISCS. Pipelining. Pipelined Vector Processors. Reduced-instruction-set Computers.
Appendix A: Some Notational Conventions. Appendix B: Digital Components. References and Suggested Readings. Suggested Answers to Selected Exercises and Problems. Glossary and Index.
Computer Architecture by Robert J. Baron
Robert J. Baron
Used - Very Good
Pearson Education (US)
Book picture is for illustrative purposes only, actual binding, cover or edition may vary.
This is a used book - there is no escaping the fact it has been read by someone else and it will show signs of wear and previous use. Overall we expect it to be in very good condition, but if you are not entirely satisfied please get in touch with us.