Your 2-in-1 Self-Paced Training Kit. Fully updated and revised! Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCTS Exam 70-536-and on the job. With this official Microsoft study guide, you'll work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then reinforce and apply what you've learned through real-world case scenarios and practice exercises.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Develop applications that use system types and collections
- Validate input, reformat text, and extract data with regular expressions
- Create services and multi-threaded applications
- Implement code-access security and role-based security
- Implement serialization to read and write complex objects
- Leverage legacy code using interoperability
- Monitor and troubleshoot applications
- Create applications for a global audience
PRACTICE TESTS Assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers?including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Your kit includes:
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 300+ practice and review questions.
- Code samples in Microsoft Visual Basic and Visual C# on CD.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- 90-day evaluation of Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2008.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Tony Northrup, MCSE, MCPD, MCITP, CISSP, is a Windows and networking technologies expert who has written more than 30 books and video training courses. He is coauthor of Windows 7 Resource Kit and numerous Microsoft Press Training Kits for certification exam-prep.