World of Books Jobs in Coventry
Vacancies in Coventry
As part of our strategic growth plans, World of Books are opening a new facility in Coventry. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Warehouse Operatives who want to join us on this exciting journey. We'd love you to join our team.
World of Books is the UK's largest seller of used books, and one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. Our vision is to be the leading seller of used books globally, while helping people to reuse and recycle for less through innovation and technology.
Every person who works for World of Books is valued as an integral team player, helping us to connect a global community of book lovers with their new favourite read.
- Earn a competitive salary
- Join a company pension scheme
- Our site has a wellbeing area with TV, including outside seating plus free tea and coffee
- We offer a free company discount scheme - giving you access to hundreds of perks and discounts
- Enjoy reading with 20% staff discount on books
- Make a real difference helping to save the environment
Here's what we do
We pride ourselves in having a dynamic, engaging and interesting place to work.
Customer service is paramount in our business so we strive to employ people who are passionate about providing great customer service and who achieve job satisfaction from achieving targets.
We're always looking to welcome individuals who demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to our Team.
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
For more information, please read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
(If you are looking for vacancies at our other sites, please look at our Jobs page)
Current Vacancies in Coventry
As a Warehouse Operative, you will work efficiently and effectively as part of a team to achieve targets and job standards as set out by the Shift Leader or Assistant Shift Leader.
You will need to be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work as the role may involve doing a variety of jobs in the process such as the sorting of incoming goods, stacking and storage of goods and the picking and packing of items for dispatch to our customers.
At the World of Books Group we have a right first-time approach.
- In conjunction with the shift leaders and assistant shift leaders you will be multi-skilled across several processes including stock processing, picking, packing, dispatch and as a foreman.
- Responsible for processing incoming stock ensuring accuracy of placement within the correct tote.
- Working to best practices and following documented procedures to ensure quality of books into tote locations.
- Picking orders using a hand-held scanner or manual ticket process from storage totes and placing them at collection points.
- Ensuring that totes are within regulation weight and not overfilled.
- Packing orders in correct packaging and the placing of orders in the correct reciprocal in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders/complaints.
- Prioritising workload and ensuring products are dispatched on time and to specification.
- Assist with data collection and monitor York fill rates prior to dispatch with collection drivers.
- Ensure the put-away process is carried out methodically and accurately in line with company guidelines.
- Ensure the culling process is completed swiftly and accurately and the racking is cleaned during the process.
- Responsible for escalating any facilities related issues to the SL/ASL.
- To work effectively with onsite security.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that your station and working area is clean at all times and to perform any additional cleaning duties as requested by your Shift Manager or Health and Safety advisor.
- Comply with, and make positive contribution to, all company policy, rules and procedures for Health & Safety and current H&S legislation and best practice.
- Ensure understanding and comply with all company policy, rules and procedures for Health & Safety and current H&S legislation and best practice.
- Responsible for ensuring you have the correct PPE.
- Liaison and assist where necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities as required.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Multi-tasking and flexibility
- Team player
Click on the link below to submit your application via email.