The bible for people who experience panic-attacks, this new edition, released in 2016, has been updated to include the latest research findings.
`Panic Attacks became my bible. It explained how to face up to attacks and deal with them ... I carried it around in my bag, left a copy in my desk draw at work, and dipped into a chapter before I went to sleep. Miraculously, it seemed to do the trick.' SUNDAY TIMES, STYLE SECTION.
This authoritative guide explains what panic attacks are, why they happen, and what every reader can do to empower themselves and regain control over their panic.
Containing a helpfully broad range of topics including:
* What to do during an attack
* What's happening during an attack
* Self-help to prevent attacks from developing
* Updated research on diet, neurotransmitters, pH balance and how these impinge on panic attacks
* Lifestyle, therapies and complementary therapies
* Useful `Summary' box at the end of each chapter
Panic Attacks is consistently straightforward, informative and reassuring.
"Essential reading for all sufferers" Here's Health.
"A much needed book that will help many sufferers" Dr Caroline Shreeve.
"Panic Attacks became my bible" The Sunday Times.
"If you feel a sense of rising panic, just follow Christine Ingham's advice." Simon Mills
Christine Ingham was born in Bury, Lancashire. She has lived in London for 20 years and is a full time, professional writer.