Only 1 left
Innovation is sweeping the globe at breakneck speed, and emerging markets are where tremendous growth and opportunity reside. Jerry Haar and Ricardo Ernst delve into the forces and drivers that shape innovation in emerging markets and present case studies, along with a summation of the key features and outlook for innovation over the next decade.
Jerry Haar is Professor of Management & International Business at Florida International University, USA, and Senior Research Fellow at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University, USA. He is also a Global Fellow of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and a Research Affiliate of the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies at Harvard University. His research interests focus on innovation and competitiveness, regional economic integration and corporate strategy.
Ricardo Ernst is Professor of Operations and Global Logistics, Managing Director of the Global Business Initiative, Managing Director of the Latin American Board, Co-Director of the Global Logistics Research Program and former Deputy Dean, all at the McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University, USA. His research interests include strategic analysis of global supply chain systems at both macro and micro level.
1. Introduction; Jerry Haar and Ricardo Ernst
2. Releasing Trapped Value: the Coming Challenge of Innovation in the Context of Emerging Markets; Bhaskar Chakravorti, Graham Macmillan, and Tony Siesfeld
3. Innovation in Emerging Markets: Asia; Rebecca A. Fannin
4. Innovation in Emerging Markets: the Case of Latin America; Lourdes Casanova, Jeff Dayton-Johnson, Nils Olaya Fonstad, and Sukriti Jain
5. Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Middle East: Current Challenges and Recommended Policies; Norean R. Sharpe and Christopher M. Schroeder
6. Innovation in Central Europe; Marina Dabi?, Jadranka Svarc, and Emira Be?i?
7. Innovation in Africa: a View from the Peaks and Hilltops of a Spiky Continent; David Wernick and Valeriana Chikoti-Bandua
8. Reverse Innovation in Emerging Markets; Vijay Govindarajan and Ravi Ramamurti
9. Social Enterprise and Innovation in Emerging Markets; Leslie R. Crutchfield and Kyle Peterson
10. Social Media and Innovation; Michael Shoag and Terry Colvin
11. Innovation in Financial Services; Krzysztof Rybinski
12. Education 3.0: Facing the Challenge of Human Capital Building in Emerging Economies; Gabriel Sanchez Zinny
13. Health-Care Innovation in Emerging Markets; Francoise Simon
14. Catch-Up Innovation and Shared Prosperity; Mark Dutz
15. Inclusive Innovation: Harnessing Creativity to Enhance the Economic Opportunities and Welfare of the Poor; Carl Dahlman, Esperanza Lasagabaster, and Kurt Larsen
16. Conclusion; Ricardo Ernst and Jerry Haar