Going Fast: Band 07/Turquoise (Collins Big Cat) by Janice Vale
Faster than a speeding boat, and more exciting than a trip on a bobsleigh, this fact-packed non-chronological report looks at the fastest animals and machines in the world. Action-packed illustrations and photographs accompany text explaining what enables each featured animal or machine to be so fast.
* Turquoise/ Band 7 books offer literay language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
* Text type - A non-chronological report.
* The table on pages 22 and 23 summarises the features that make each animal and machine a contender in the "Going Fast" category.
* Curriculum links - Science: Forces and movement.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.