Taxes are an inescapable fact of life, but many people overpay their tax either through apathy or because they don't realise how they can easily - and legally - avoid paying it.
This authoritative guide offers extremely comprehensive and detailed advice on the tax system and how it works, to ensure that at whatever level you pay tax, you're not paying more than you have to. Written in an easy to follow, jargon-free style, the book covers a wide range of tax questions including:
* Income tax - how to pay less of it
* Tax allowances and the new tax credits
* Tax codes - what you need to look out for
* Tax on perks* Savings and investments - why you don't have to pay tax on them
* Avoiding capital gains tax
* Inheritance tax