Offers insight into the beauty and complexity that trans identity brings to relationships, the skills needed to forge positive relationships, and demonstrates the reality that trans people in various stages of transition can create loving relationships that are both physically and emotionally fulfilling.
Trans People in Love is a illuminating resource for members of the trans community and their partners and families; gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer, and intersex people; sexologists; sex therapists; counselors; psychologists; psychotherapists; social workers; psychiatrists; medical doctors; educators; students; and couples and family therapists.
Trans People in Love provides a forum for the experience of being in love and in relationships with significant others for members of the trans community. This honest and respectful volume tells clinicians, scholars, and trans people themselves of the beauty and complexity that trans identity brings to a romantic relationship, what skills and mindsets are needed to forge positive relationships, and demonstrates the reality that trans people in all stages of transition can create stable and loving relationships that are both physically and emotionally fulfilling.
'Prepare to be wowed ... a community resource to be treasured' -DIVA Magazine
'Engaging, warm, intelligent and educational.' - g3 Magazine
'groundbreaking... a long overdue book that sheds light on a collection of relationships that too often continue to be stigmatised by society at large.' - Out in the City
'honest, moving, irreverent, sexy, passionate, funny and sad. This is a must-read... a candid and thorough examination of trans identities and relationships from the perspective of people who have experienced them.' - curve
About Tracie O'Keefe
Tracie O'Keefe, DCH, is a clinical hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, counselor, and sex therapist, originally from London, England. Since 2001, she has lived and practiced in Sydney, Australia. She is a trans woman who transitioned over thirty-five years ago and now runs the Australian Health & Education Centre, Sydney. She is a member of theWorld Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), Australian Association of Sex, Educators, Researchers and Therapists (ASSERT), and registered with the Psychotherapy and Counseling Federation of Australia (PACFA). Dr. O'Keefe is the author of many papers and articles on sex, gender, and sexuality diversity, coauthor of Trans-X-U-All: The Naked Difference, the author of Sex, Gender&Sexuality: 21st Century Transformations, and the co-editor of Finding the Real Me: True Tales of Sex & Gender Diversity, an anthology of real-life stories by sex- and gender-diverse people. She is also the author of Investigating Stage Hypnosis and Self-Hypnosis for Life: Mind, Body, and Spiritual Excellence. In addition to being a clinician and writer, Dr. O'Keefe is also a passionate campaigner for the rights of sex- and gender-diverse people. She was a founding member of lobby group Sex and Gender Education (SAGE) in Australia (www.sageaustralia.org) where she serves on its steering committee and can often be found educating bureaucrats and government officials regarding discriminatory laws and policies against trans people. More info at www.tracieokeefe.com. Katrina Fox is a freelance journalist, writing predominantly for the GLBTIQ press. She is the editor of CHERRIE, a monthly magazine for lesbian and queer women in Australia and writes regularly for SX, a weekly arts, news, and entertainment magazine for the GLBTIQ community in Sydney, including a column "Keeping Abreast". Her work has also appeared in DIVA, the UK's national lesbian magazine, and Curve, a U.S. national lesbian magazine. She is the co-author of Trans-X-U-All: The Naked Difference, the editor of Sex, Gender&Sexuality, and co-editor of Finding the Real Me. More info at www.katrinafox.com.
Table of Contents
Foreword (Kate Bornstein and Barbara Carrellas)
1. Switcheroo (Stenton MacKenzie)
2. My Desire to Be All Woman (Armanda Scheidegger)
3. Our Trip to Vancouver (Jody Helfand)
4. To Fight, Live, and Love at the Gender Border (Isaac Lindstrom)
5. Perfect Day (Susan Stryker)
6. A Transgressor's Love (Andres Ignacio Rivera Duarte)
7. I'm Not a Lesbian, My Wife Is: Norms and Perceptions in a Trans Marriage (Gypsey Teague)
8. Nick and Mark (Nick Laird)
9. Beyond Gender and Sexuality (Debra Hastings)
10. From Russia with Love (Orsekov Dan)
11. Queerly Beloved: How a Lesbian Love Survived Transition (Jacob Anderson-Minshall)
12. Sex and the Single Trannie (Monica F. Helms)
13. Between Shows: A True Story (Lee "Bridgett" Harrington)
14. To the Three Women I Loved in My Transgender Life (Tiny Belly)
15. Bodies May Lie but Hearts Never Do (Nickolas J. McDaniel)
16. Satan and Lady Babalon: Polyamory Again at 64 (Rusty Mae Moore)
17. The Adventures of a Transman in Love, Sex, and Spirituality (Joseph J. Nutini)
18. Eternity Fields of Yokatatumba (Vidal Rousso)
19. My Husband Had a Sex Change Shit Happens (Erica Zander)
20. Things of His (Jordy Jones)
21. Love Lost and Found (Martine Delaney)
22. From Queer to Eternity (Zayne Jones)
23. Kayla and Laura (Kayla Karstens)
24. Madam Carmen (Carmen Rupe)
25. Still Queer After All These Years: Reflections on Being in a Trans Couple (Joelle Ruby Ryan)
26. Notes for Trans People (Tracie O'Keefe)
27. Notes for Therapists (Tracie O'Keefe)
About the Editors
Trans People in Love by Tracie O'Keefe
Used - Very Good
Taylor & Francis Inc
Book picture is for illustrative purposes only, actual binding, cover or edition may vary.
This is a used book - there is no escaping the fact it has been read by someone else and it will show signs of wear and previous use. Overall we expect it to be in very good condition, but if you are not entirely satisfied please get in touch with us.