Assessing and Supporting Young Children's Learning: for the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile by Vicky Hutchin
Enables you to implement assessment in an early years classroom in the best way to enhance learning.
Vicky Hutchin takes a new look at why assessment is key to effective teaching across the early years and into Year 1, and how to develop your assessment practice to ensure you really are providing the best support for children's learning.
Through the learning journeys of teachers in early years classes, with a special focus on
Reception, this book provides a wealth of practical ideas to help you develop easy-to-manage assessment processes for the revised Early Years Foundation Stage, in a way that values children's all-round learning.
- An authoritative 'how to' guide to assessment and planning in the context of the new Early Years Foundation Stage Profile
- Practical, down-to-earth, clearly written and with numerous examples - written by an early years practitioner for practitioners
- Includes full colour photos which help relate the text to real-life situations
Uses varied examples of children's learning to show how to tease out the implications for
teaching from assessment information, including:
- How to include the child's and parents' voice in the assessment and planning processes
- How to make meaningful summative assessments from ongoing assessments
- How to complete the revised EYFS Profile and track progress right through to Year 1
This essential guide will help Reception and Year 1 teachers to ensure continuity of learning and a smooth transition, for all the children.