Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2020: An enjoyable and intuitive approach to getting started with C# programming and Unity, 5th Edition by Harrison Ferrone
Get to grips with coding in C# and build simple 3D games with Unity from the ground up with this updated fifth edition of the bestselling guideKey Features
- Understand C# programming basics, terminology, and coding best practices
- Put your knowledge of C# concepts into practice by building a fun and playable game
- Come away with a clear direction for taking your C# programming and Unity game development skills to the next level
Over the years, the Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity series has established itself as a popular choice for getting up to speed with C#, a powerful and versatile programming language that can be applied in a wide array of application areas. This book presents a clear path for learning C# programming from the ground up without complex jargon or unclear programming logic, all while building a simple game with Unity.
This fifth edition has been updated to introduce modern C# features with the latest version of the Unity game engine, and a new chapter has been added on intermediate collection types. Starting with the basics of software programming and the C# language, you'll learn the core concepts of programming in C#, including variables, classes, and object-oriented programming. Once you've got to grips with C# programming, you'll enter the world of Unity game development and discover how you can create C# scripts for simple game mechanics. Throughout the book, you'll gain hands-on experience with programming best practices to help you take your Unity and C# skills to the next level.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to leverage the C# language to build your own real-world Unity game development projects.What you will learn
- Discover easy-to-follow steps and examples for learning C# programming fundamentals
- Get to grips with creating and implementing scripts in Unity
- Create basic game mechanics such as player controllers and shooting projectiles using C#
- Understand the concepts of interfaces and abstract classes
- Leverage the power of the latest C# features to solve complex programming problems
- Become familiar with stacks, queues, exceptions, error handling, and other core C# concepts
- Explore the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) for games and implement them to control enemy behavior
If you're a developer, programmer, hobbyist, or anyone who wants to get started with C# programming in a fun and engaging manner, this book is for you. Prior experience in programming or Unity is not required.