How to Do Everything: Facebook Applications by Jesse Feiler
Create your own Facebook applications!
With coverage of Facebook API, FBML, and FQL as well as MySQL and REST, How to Do Everything: Facebook Applications is a clear, start-to-finish guide to developing unique apps that run on Facebook Platform. Learn how to integrate Facebook applications with websites, blogs, and databases, and use your apps to sell a product and market a business, organization, or cause. You'll also discover how to provide entertainment and information to users while creating an advertising platform to make money. Get started quickly by downloading a pre-built, customizable Facebook application from the book's Facebook Page.
- Understand the Facebook Platform architecture
- Format Web pages and manage data using XML, XHTML, and CSS
- Use PHP and FBML (Facebook Markup Language)
- Work with the Facebook object, Facebook REST object, and Facebook API
- Master the Facebook Developer Application
- Design your application interface and implement utilities
- Integrate MySQL or Data Store data
- Add viral features including News Feed and Mini-Feed stories, notifications and requests, Share buttons, and favorites lists
- Promote your business with Facebook Social Ads, Facebook Pages, and Facebook Beacon