Help your students develop the abilities required to achieve exam success for the core human and physical geography topics of WJEC GCSE Geography Specification A.
Endorsed by WJEC, GCSE Option Geography for WJEC A covers all the optional human and physical topics in the specification. Each of these contemporary themes allows understanding to be developed to a greater depth.
- Develops students' decision-making skills through data research questions for each chapter
- Encourages students to use their understanding of geographical processes and patterns to predict what might happen in the future through 'Geography futures'
- Helps students prepare for their exam with examination-style questions and exam tips
- Enables students to develop their geographical skills of enquiry, analysis and interpretation of evidence through a range of activities
- Provides case studies of real places to illustrate concepts such as tropical storms and drought
- Supports the use of ICT and GIS in the classroom with GIS activities
Andy Owen is an experienced teacher and expert author. He acted as a consultant to the WJEC and has been involved in the latest revisions of both their specifications. He is currently Subject Officer for WJEC GCSE Geography specifications.
Cathie Brooks is a former Assistant Secretary at WJEC, whose responsibilities included the GCSE Geography A Specification.
Andy Leeder is a senior examiner and Principal Moderator for Controlled Assessment for the WJEC B Specification.
Glyn Owen is Head of Geography at Ysgol Morgan Llwyd, Wrexham and Principal Examiner for the WJEC A Specification.
Dirk Sykes is Principal Examiner for the WJEC A Specification.