DK Eyewitness Back Roads Great Britain by DK Eyewitness
With its idyllic country villages, romantic castle ruins and stunning natural landscapes, Great Britain is the perfect destination for a leisurely road trip. It's yours to explore with Back Roads Great Britain, which contains 25 amazing drives across the country, from the sweeping sandy beaches of Cornwall to the dramatic peaks of the Scottish Highlands.
Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals Great Britain at its best: spectacular sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences.
Inside Back Roads Great Britain:
- 25 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days, including sleepy Cotswold villages, the majestic unspoiled waters of the Lake District and scenic Brecon Beacons National Park
- A laminated pull-out road map of Great Britain helps you navigate with ease
- Ideas for discovering the character of each area en route: great views, delightful detours along peaceful back roads, walks through historic towns and villages, wine tours and boat trips, and activities such as hiking, cycling and kayaking. Plus you'll savour the best local experiences with our pick of the most authentic places to stay, eat and shop
- All the British rules of the road, postcodes for use with satnav and detailed directions for easy navigation, information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Cornwall, Devon, the Jurassic Coast, Salisbury, Bath, Glastonbury, the Cotswolds, the Chilterns, the South Downs, Brighton, Kent, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, the Brecon Beacons, West Wales, Snowdonia, Offa's Dyke, the Peak District, Yorkshire, the Lake District, Northumbria, Edinburgh, Fife, the Scottish Highlands, the Scottish Lochs, Aberdeen, Inverness, and more
Looking for even more inspiration for your trip to Great Britain? Try our DK Eyewitness Great Britain.